HobbyFarms.com
LivestockCrops & GardeningTools & equipmentFood & Kitchenhome & barnmarketing & mgmtcrafts & nature
Hobby Farms Forums
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » HobbyFarms.com Forum Topics » Livestock » General Livestock Care » Names for the animals

Names for the animals Expand / Collapse
Author

Average Member

Average MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 6:42:33 PM
I remember seeing this post a few years ago, but I thought I'd revive it. lt won't be long before kidding season starts around here and I am expecting about a dozen new baby goat kids who will all need names.

Being musicians and big classic rock fans, we started the farm by naming the animals after rock stars. Last year the granddaughters wanted to name the new ones after Disney Princesses. This year we are looking for new ideas.

What do you guys name your animals?

M. and D.
Post #30779
Posted 9/14/2013 7:23:04 AM
Starting Member

Starting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting Member

Last Login: 9/14/2013 7:17:48 AM
Funny you should mention this because we were just talking about how unoriginal we were with our names. We seemed to have a lot of littles! Little Mama the cow, Little Man the horse, and Little Girl the horse. So we started looking at Mythological names as new animals arrived hence Zeus the puppy and Hera the chicken. It will be interesting to see how others come up with names for their babies.
Post #30780
Posted 9/16/2013 8:18:17 AM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 4/15/2014 2:35:47 PM
That's P2's department, like the twins born over the weekend....(1) is Sweet and the other is Olive.

I like the pair of freezer pigs M & M or Choc and Chip

Post #30783
Posted 9/17/2013 8:39:35 AM

New MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew Member

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 10:26:23 AM
Some of my animals get names. Roosters very few hens as it's to hard to tell them apart. My daughter named some after I started with my first peacock pair they are Romeo and Juliet the second pair is Elvis and Priscella she named my geese Ricky and Lucy. My one pair of chickens Exchequer's are Sprite and Sprocket.I have one all white bantam Cochin roo. named Snowball the red colored one due to his very heavily feather feet is called Slippers .My 2 Copper Maran roo's. are Copper and Rusty and my 2 Blue Jersey Giants are the Blue's Brothers. Unoriginal name is one hen as she lays olive colored eggs is Olivia.
Post #30784
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, HFfriend, Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 10:18pm

Home | Link to Us | Hobby Farms Related Links | Classified Ads | Community | Contact Us | About Us | Advertise With Us

ShopAnimalNetwork.com | Dogs | Cats | Birds | Horses | Fishes | Reptiles | Small Animals | Remember Our Pets

Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc., Animal Network nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+

Copyright © BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use. Guidelines for Participation.