HobbyFarms.com
LivestockCrops & GardeningTools & equipmentFood & Kitchenhome & barnmarketing & mgmtcrafts & nature
Hobby Farms Forums
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » HobbyFarms.com Forum Topics » Livestock » Chickens and Poultry » How much to feed this pair?

How much to feed this pair? Expand / Collapse
Author
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 4/15/2014 2:35:47 PM

P2 got these at the the Poultry Education Day this past Sunday. The old owner said to give them as much as they can eat. Okay I think it too much since they are Lemon Bantams. So what is the right amount to feed them. They should not be on the same poundage as his dual purpose chickens.

Post #30745
Posted 9/3/2013 6:45:13 AM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Well I found a wall mount feeder and we are keeping it 1/2 full. They like to scratch EVERYTHING out and eat on the ground. A little bite nasty for my taste.
Post #30756
Posted 9/11/2013 6:35:09 PM

New MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew Member

Last Login: 4/19/2014 9:52:03 AM
Couldn't tell you how much they are supposed to eat but I put an old heavy enamel pan 9x13 under my wall mount feeder(it contains oyster shells and grit)to contain the mess and stop waste. The pan had chips in the enamel so you wouldn't want to bake with it but sure is heavy so the chickens can't flip it over.
Post #30771
Posted 9/17/2013 9:59:35 AM
Starting Member

Starting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting Member

Last Login: 9/21/2013 10:52:30 AM
Hello. yes, these birds definitely need access to food and water at all times. Putting a heavy dish under the feeder reduces waste, or you could try a different feeder with smaller holes. Enjoy!
Post #30785
Posted 10/21/2013 3:53:14 PM
Advanced Member

P2 received a purple @ the fair this past wk
Post #30847
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, HFfriend, Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:23am

Home | Link to Us | Hobby Farms Related Links | Classified Ads | Community | Contact Us | About Us | Advertise With Us

ShopAnimalNetwork.com | Dogs | Cats | Birds | Horses | Fishes | Reptiles | Small Animals | Remember Our Pets

Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc., Animal Network nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+

Copyright © BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use. Guidelines for Participation.