|Here are some idea I plan on doing to eleminate trash or rather to lessen the amount of trash i send to the dump.
1. Compost bin filler
2. Flower planters: an example: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-organic-planting-pots-using-old-newspa/
Plastic Milk Jugs-
1. Cut them into scoopers
2. use them to store Coolaid, tea, etc in the fridge
3. water storage
4. can make bee/fly traps out of them: http://www.ehow.com/how_5144479_make-fly-traps-milk-jugs.html - this can also be done with many different plastic bottles/jugs.
5. Can be used for bird feeders/houses, and easily decorated.
1. storage bins: as stated above
1. Here are 60 good uses: http://savedbylovecreations.com/2012/04/60-recycled-can-craft-projects.html - Im sure you can find others.
1. Compost bin filler
2. Planters: like the paper ones
3. use as kinlin to start fires
4. very good for lining the bottom of containers, or to set the containers on in storage sheds/barns/etc
5. home decore: http://www.curbly.com/users/capreek/posts/15297-diy-ideas-10-clever-ways-to-use-cardboard-in-your-decor my wife has actualy done number 6 and it looked amazing, she painted them of course.
Plastic grocery Bags:
1. My grandmother knows of someone who makes bathroom rugs out of them, pretty sturdy too she washed them and dryed them with a washer/dryer.
2. Storaging your other crafting materials.
3. Here are a few other ideas: http://scraphacker.com/plastic-bag-crafty/ im sure you can google and find many more
Coffee cans- Plastic and Metal ones
1. bird house/feeder
2. storage containers
3. Small Bucket with an old metal coat hanger as the handle.
Im sure there are many more but i have ran out of ideas as of right now.
A key note would be anything made of organic material can be thrown into your compost, but i would research a bit into composting if your considering going that way, plus will give you lots of potting soil, and fishing bait in return.
Hope this helps.
Grab life by the horns and hold on tight!
Click HERE for my Hobby Farms forum
Click HERE to see my aquaponics forum
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach him to fish you'll feed him for a life time!