HobbyFarms.com
LivestockCrops & GardeningTools & equipmentFood & Kitchenhome & barnmarketing & mgmtcrafts & nature
Hobby Farms Forums
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » HobbyFarms.com Forum Topics » Gardening and Crops » Name your garden pests!!

12»»

Name your garden pests!! Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 3/12/2014 6:21:20 AM
It seems like this year has been particularly buggy. My broccoli is full of cabbage worms and I think my butternut squash is yet again victim to squash vine borers. What pests are troubling you so far this season? Have you been successful with any natural pest control strategies? Do share!

Also, check out this article on common garden pests and ways to control them: http://www.hobbyfarms.com/crops-and-gardening/13-garden-pests-and-how-to-control-them.aspx

Hobby Farms, Hobby Farm Home and HobbyFarms.com are all on Facebook! Become our fan ... here's a link to the website page: www.facebook.com/pages/HobbyFarmscom/42353337183
Post #30563
Posted 7/3/2013 6:20:58 AM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:35:47 PM
Stink bugs
Post #30565
Posted 7/3/2013 7:40:42 AM

Average Member

Average MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage Member

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:53:34 PM
I am seeing a lot of those stink bugs also - and yes, everything seems "buggier" than usual this year. My apple trees have been hit especially hard by something I haven't identified yet.

M. and D.
Post #30566
Posted 7/3/2013 5:44:58 PM
Starting Member

Starting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting Member

Last Login: 7/3/2013 5:51:00 PM
I hate those blasted STINK bugs! Two years ago we couldn't walk out our front door. The house was literally covered by them. This year and last are much improved . guess they're movin on...probably to your neck of the woods.

"LIFE IS GOOD"
Post #30571
Posted 7/24/2013 6:14:34 AM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:35:47 PM
Last year it was the "June" bugs that were so bad and when they land on you they hurt because they dig into you

I don't know about you guys, but we have 2 season of lovebugs and the only thing that will eat them is the chickens

Post #30615
Posted 7/28/2013 6:21:50 AM
Starting Member

Starting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting Member

Last Login: 8/2/2013 1:48:44 PM
Potato bugs!
Post #30630
Posted 7/29/2013 8:44:50 PM

Average Member

Average MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage Member

Last Login: 12/14/2013 11:34:55 AM
So far this season my only pest is Japanese beetles but that could change at anytime.

Lord keep you arm around my shoulder & your hand over my mouth                                                              If God brings you to it, He will see you through it            'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Post #30643
Posted 8/12/2013 4:18:02 AM
Starting Member

Last Login: 8/12/2013 4:12:51 AM
When we performed Pest Inspection in our garden we came to know that there were termites and small black worms all over our backyard.
Post #30690
Posted 8/15/2013 4:04:45 PM

New MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew Member

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:56:07 AM
A cocker spaniel who slips through the lattice fence and thinks our yard is his. He makes starting a garden difficult.
Post #30705
Posted 8/19/2013 5:47:59 AM
Starting Member

Last Login: 10/21/2013 5:15:48 PM
There are a ton of things homeowners have to watch out for that will destroy a home, but nothing quite does it like a mildew variety called poria incrassata. It's an especially vicious type of dry rot and it can literally eat a house out from under one's feet. Article resource: shouldn't you find out more about our website?
Post #30714
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, HRSEGRL, HFfriend, Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 3:14am

Home | Link to Us | Hobby Farms Related Links | Classified Ads | Community | Contact Us | About Us | Advertise With Us

ShopAnimalNetwork.com | Dogs | Cats | Birds | Horses | Fishes | Reptiles | Small Animals | Remember Our Pets

Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc., Animal Network nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+

Copyright © BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use. Guidelines for Participation.