HobbyFarms.com
LivestockCrops & GardeningTools & equipmentFood & Kitchenhome & barnmarketing & mgmtcrafts & nature
Hobby Farms Forums
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » HobbyFarms.com Forum Topics » Livestock » Goats » calming a boar buck

calming a boar buck Expand / Collapse
Author
Starting Member

Starting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 8/1/2013 12:52:40 PM
I have a buck that is very aggresive, and has cut me once with his horn.  Now I need to trim his hooves and other seasonal care.  How do I get him to be calmer.  Has anyone use show calm or something like it before on goats? Will it help without hurting him?  I would hate to put him down because I cannot bet to him at all, that I bet no one else would want him either.  Any ideas would be gratefully. 

ps it is not only during his rut he is like this, but it is worse now that he is in rut.

get Off the Highway and see what you miss.

Post #30436
Posted 5/1/2013 6:53:19 PM

Average Member

Average MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage Member

Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:42:33 PM
I wish I could help you, but I've never had this experience with my goats. I've heard that you can use lemon juice in a squirt gun to gain their respect, they don't usually like water....Hopefully this will help!!!

M. and D.
Post #30445
Posted 7/31/2013 7:49:02 PM

New MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew Member

Last Login: 8/16/2013 8:22:52 AM

HIYA..

I POSTED A REPLY BUT ITS NOT SHOWING UP...

SMOKEBOX
Post #30650
Posted 10/9/2013 1:05:42 AM
Starting Member

Starting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting Member

Last Login: 3/6/2014 7:49:17 AM
We used to have a Boer buck that would get quite pushy when he was in rut.

My wife found that lemon juice in a quirt bottle helped out, but the thing that got the buck stop his antics when she tried to care for him was a steel-toed kick in the jewels one day when he blocked her exit from the barn. He RESPECTED her after that. It worked for her, but I would not advise it, as the buck is likely to kick back.
Post #30816
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, HFfriend, Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:01am

Home | Link to Us | Hobby Farms Related Links | Classified Ads | Community | Contact Us | About Us | Advertise With Us

ShopAnimalNetwork.com | Dogs | Cats | Birds | Horses | Fishes | Reptiles | Small Animals | Remember Our Pets

Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc., Animal Network nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+

Copyright © BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use. Guidelines for Participation.