HobbyFarms.com
LivestockCrops & GardeningTools & equipmentFood & Kitchenhome & barnmarketing & mgmtcrafts & nature
Hobby Farms Forums
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » HobbyFarms.com Forum Topics » Hobby Farms Discussions » Homesteading Goals

Homesteading Goals Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 3/12/2014 6:21:20 AM
What goals and aspirations do you have for your homestead in 2013? Whether it's growing a garden, increasing sustainability or making better use of space, let us know what is in the works this year.

Hobby Farms, Hobby Farm Home and HobbyFarms.com are all on Facebook! Become our fan ... here's a link to the website page: www.facebook.com/pages/HobbyFarmscom/42353337183
Post #30320
Posted 3/13/2013 6:26:44 AM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 4/15/2014 2:35:47 PM
Trying to decide whether or not to keep Coke as a sow. She's very aggressive with her 1st litter.

Making a coon proof show pen for our 4Her.

Post #30323
Posted 3/13/2013 11:31:06 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 5/13/2013 7:55:08 PM
I will be working on getting to most out of my seven and a half acres. By choosing different types of livestock and what is best to grow in our garden, also growing our own hay, I am finding everything is dependent on each other and as a whole becomes more sustainable.
Post #30326
Posted 3/21/2013 6:49:42 AM
Starting Member

Starting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting Member

Last Login: 12/14/2013 6:16:40 AM
We don't have our farm yet, but are heading to Missouri next week to look at property. My goal I guess once we find a place is to start out small with some laying hens and getting the garden ready for the following year
Post #30338
Posted 3/22/2013 5:13:43 PM

Average Member

Average MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage Member

Last Login: 4/14/2014 4:53:34 PM
Our goals are to continue improving the fencing and expand the orchard. We planted raspberries, thornless blackberries, fruit trees, nut trees and more blueberries. I transplanted all my strawberry babies and want to put a garden in as soon as it warms up.

Ultimately we'd like to expand the chicken coop, but that will probably have to wait until later in the year!

M. and D.
Post #30341
Posted 3/22/2013 6:22:41 PM

Last Login: Today @ 4:26:11 AM
Build a new feed shed because the donkey chose to get a midnight snack and pushed in the sliding door. Lucky I heard the noise and caught him in the act. I also need to expand the chicken run and add a quarantine coop and run so I can add more chicks. This fall I'm going to expand my garden in order to plant more and eliminate the need for store bought veggies.

Ken 

Deep in the South Carolina Lowcountry

Post #30344
Posted 4/4/2013 3:32:45 PM
Starting Member

Starting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting Member

Last Login: 4/4/2013 3:22:34 PM
my goals is to not spand a lot at the store. so i got chickens and even angra goats for milk I have 2 horse that i love to right .
this weekend i am starting my garden its great .
Post #30389
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, HRSEGRL, HFfriend, Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 8:46am

Home | Link to Us | Hobby Farms Related Links | Classified Ads | Community | Contact Us | About Us | Advertise With Us

ShopAnimalNetwork.com | Dogs | Cats | Birds | Horses | Fishes | Reptiles | Small Animals | Remember Our Pets

Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc., Animal Network nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+

Copyright © BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use. Guidelines for Participation.