HobbyFarms.com
LivestockCrops & GardeningTools & equipmentFood & Kitchenhome & barnmarketing & mgmtcrafts & nature
Hobby Farms Forums
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » HobbyFarms.com Forum Topics » Food and Recipes » Zucchini Bumper

12»»

Zucchini Bumper Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 3/12/2014 6:21:20 AM
When the garden gives you lots of zucchini, what's your favorite way to use it?

Hobby Farms, Hobby Farm Home and HobbyFarms.com are all on Facebook! Become our fan ... here's a link to the website page: www.facebook.com/pages/HobbyFarmscom/42353337183
Post #26500
Posted 6/21/2011 5:39:11 AM

Average Member

Average MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage Member

Last Login: 10/17/2012 3:56:17 PM
I don't plant it, but when I get part of someone elses bumper crop.. I make zuchinni relish...It is about the only thing I use it for..

Livin to learn
Post #26501
Posted 6/21/2011 8:14:54 AM

New MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew Member

Last Login: 6/27/2012 7:50:18 AM
We love Zucchini bread here.  So I make it when I have fresh zucchini and then with my overflow I shred the zucchini and package it in 2 cup portions to freeze for zucchini bread through out the year

learning to live a simpler life

www.ourtnadventure.blogspot.com

Post #26504
Posted 6/21/2011 12:53:07 PM
Starting Member

Starting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting Member

Last Login: 9/14/2011 12:37:52 PM
We love zucchini at Red Rooster Acres! (www.redroosteracres.com) I have a killer Choc Chip Zucchini muffin recipe, we also like it dipped in olive oil and grilled, and I put it into 'egg fritatta' which is just scrambled eggs with shredded zucchini, red peppers, onions, sausage, and whatever else is ready for picking or already in the fridge.

We (my hubbs is a HUGE help) shred it and freeze quart size bags so we can make muffins and egg fritatta all year long.

I'll post the Choclate Chip Zucchini muffin recipe on my blog tomorrow (running out of computer time today )

""
Post #26506
Posted 6/21/2011 2:31:56 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 12/11/2012 11:56:15 AM
I use it for baking (cup cakes,bread and brownies) I also use it to make relish. I found a recipe in a cook book written by a elderly lady who ran a dinner in Wisconsin. Everyone who has tried it wants the recipe. This past fall a lady gave me a recipe for salsa that uses it as a filler with the chopped up tomatoes. As one of the ones that tried it told me I could make $$ selling it, again I have given out the recipe to many friends. I had to laugh one of the people who made the relish played a game at Christmas and one of the prizes was relish. She said they all wanted it as their prize. I'm growing more of it this year than last.

Please God remember me.
Post #26508
Posted 6/22/2011 5:06:43 AM

Last Login: 9/5/2012 5:39:52 AM
You can use zucchini to make sweet pickles just like you do cucumbers.  Catch them while they are small for the best results.  You can also just grate raw zucchini, divide it into portions and freeze to use later in zucchini bread.

Visit The Christian Homesteader
http://farmwoman.proboards.com/index.cgi
Post #26511
Posted 6/22/2011 8:07:43 AM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 4/15/2014 2:35:47 PM
we fry them like french fries, but we use an egg wash and then batter then with fish fry

cut them up in long sticks, freeze them for the pigs as snacks

BREAD and more BREAD!

if they have big seeds in them, we cut long ways and feed to the chickens

cut them in medalons and make lasgana with them

Post #26516
Posted 6/23/2011 8:35:28 AM
Starting Member

Starting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting Member

Last Login: 6/23/2011 8:34:29 AM
I have a great recipe for Zucchini bread. It came with my bread machine, but it is a batter bread, so you probably don't need the machine, just a bowl and pan. It is more like cake than anything!
Post #26531
Posted 6/23/2011 7:00:16 PM

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 8:07:17 PM
I let mine get big then slice it about 1/4 " thick, bread it and fry it then sprinkle powdered sugar on it.

Bread and muffins

Crabless crab cakes

Ken

Deep in the South Carolina Lowcountry

Post #26534
Posted 6/24/2011 7:14:45 AM

Last Login: 4/18/2014 6:34:01 AM
I make zucchini chips. Slice em thin with the food processor, place on drying trays, lightly salt.
Post #26539
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, HRSEGRL, HFfriend, Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:51am

Home | Link to Us | Hobby Farms Related Links | Classified Ads | Community | Contact Us | About Us | Advertise With Us

ShopAnimalNetwork.com | Dogs | Cats | Birds | Horses | Fishes | Reptiles | Small Animals | Remember Our Pets

Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc., Animal Network nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+

Copyright © BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use. Guidelines for Participation.