HobbyFarms.com
LivestockCrops & GardeningTools & equipmentFood & Kitchenhome & barnmarketing & mgmtcrafts & nature
Hobby Farms Forums
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » HobbyFarms.com Forum Topics » Livestock » Pig shelter #2

Pig shelter #2 Expand / Collapse
Author
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:35:47 PM

4 pieces of tin 9' long ran the length

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED

Post #23478
Posted 11/6/2010 3:29:41 PM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

It took P2 longer to decided which end we needed to block then it did to drill the holes and set the screws, just hope he does not come back to us in a month and says the ladies need a door at the other end...LOL

Had to roll it onto it's top and load it into the back of the truck that away to get it to the pig pen. Hubby asked why we did not want to construct it down there and I said for 1 reason......no electricty down at the other shelter....HINT, HINT, HINT!!!!

Post #23479
Posted 11/15/2010 7:56:56 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 4/7/2011 6:04:12 AM
nice shelter  what is the frame made from
Post #23641
Posted 11/15/2010 9:55:34 AM
Advanced Member

1" square tubing. B&C bent the 3 ribs and my Dad welded them to (2) piece of 2" square tubing. My Mom painted it after the welding. However since the screws were tin screw for wood, we had to drill a small hole and then srew the tin screws in. Oh I forgot, my Dad put 1" square tubing braces long ways 1/2 up the arch and then 1" square tubing at the bottom of both ends along with 3 places on each side to stake down. With our place facing due north, that wind can be BAD at times.

Hubby was inside the hut and my Dad and I were on the outside holding the blue tin for him to pencil the arch. It took 2 piece. Thank goodness we screwed them in, so in the summer I can take the top part off and let Nature vent it hut.

I'm going to purchase a 4x6 stable mat and put it under the hut this coming weekend to get the hay off the ground. We were BLESSED with a slow and steady rain last night.

We made a pvc shelter like this, however P2 was able to sell it after the tin was put on. However we had support w/PVC to keep the arch.

Post #23644
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, HRSEGRL, HFfriend, Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:01pm

Home | Link to Us | Hobby Farms Related Links | Classified Ads | Community | Contact Us | About Us | Advertise With Us

ShopAnimalNetwork.com | Dogs | Cats | Birds | Horses | Fishes | Reptiles | Small Animals | Remember Our Pets

Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc., Animal Network nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+

Copyright © BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use. Guidelines for Participation.