HobbyFarms.com
LivestockCrops & GardeningTools & equipmentFood & Kitchenhome & barnmarketing & mgmtcrafts & nature
Hobby Farms Forums
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » HobbyFarms.com Forum Topics » Livestock » Buyers for Meat Rabbits

Buyers for Meat Rabbits Expand / Collapse
Author

New MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 11/5/2012 1:26:38 PM
ANyone know where I can find other buyers for meat rabbits?? not the meat but the rabbits, we will not do the butchering.

Thanks

Life was meant to be lived
I may disagree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it.

Post #23227
Posted 10/26/2010 2:33:28 PM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:35:47 PM
Do you have a market bulletin that is ran by the state? If so, place an ad there for your rabbits.

Do you have a radio station that runs ads like our Trading Post, you call in the item you are selling and the price or if you fax the ad in they run it over the air for a week wo/you calling it in each day.

Do you have a local tradingpost newspaper? Down here if it's under $50, they'll run it for free.

Go to your co-op and see if they have a bulletin board. Make up flyers with photos of the rabbits. You might even want to try your local hardware store and if you have a Tractor Supply Company they have a board you can post it on.

Word of mouth is great, too.

Post #23230
Posted 10/26/2010 5:29:20 PM
Starting Member

Starting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting Member

Last Login: 5/25/2013 7:48:07 PM
I ran across a rabbit processing plant for sale near Cleveland.  If you contacted them they might now of others around the country.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/bfs/1976135357.html

Post #23237
Posted 10/27/2010 8:50:47 AM

New MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew MemberNew Member

Last Login: 11/5/2012 1:26:38 PM
Hey guys thanks for the ideas

Lin

Life was meant to be lived
I may disagree with what you say but I will defend your right to say it.

Post #23252
Posted 5/25/2011 12:03:44 PM
Starting Member

Starting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting Member

Last Login: 5/25/2011 11:43:42 AM
Here is one - http://larsonrabbitry.com/.  He lists WI, IL, MN, AR, NE where he is willing to drive to for volume pickups.  Prefers Californian or New Zealand - I hear they are easier to clean yourself too.
Post #26310
Posted 1/23/2012 2:25:18 PM

Starting Member

Last Login: 10/15/2012 6:45:14 AM
Are you looking to sell them as live rabbits for people to breed or selling them for people to eat?

We sell ours live and offer the service of butchering the rabbit(s) for them. Most custom poultry processing places also process rabbits if you aren't interested in butchering yourself.

Cait C
White Oak Rabbitry
www.wix.com/cattlecait/whiteoakrabbitry
Post #28027
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, HRSEGRL, HFfriend, Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:16am

Home | Link to Us | Hobby Farms Related Links | Classified Ads | Community | Contact Us | About Us | Advertise With Us

ShopAnimalNetwork.com | Dogs | Cats | Birds | Horses | Fishes | Reptiles | Small Animals | Remember Our Pets

Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc., Animal Network nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+

Copyright © BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use. Guidelines for Participation.