HobbyFarms.com
LivestockCrops & GardeningTools & equipmentFood & Kitchenhome & barnmarketing & mgmtcrafts & nature
Hobby Farms Forums
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » HobbyFarms.com Forum Topics » Livestock » Livestock Show Box

Livestock Show Box Expand / Collapse
Author
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 4/15/2014 2:35:47 PM
Does anyone have a plan for a showbox?

Did you order one or make one?

Which animal do you show?

What is the most important thing in it?

What do you have in it?

How heavy is it with all items in it?

Are there any extra items that you put in it because you may just need it?

P2 will be old enough for 4H next year and I want to start collecting ideals and a list of items that you will need for each animal. He hasn't made a choice on which animal he wants to show. So any ideals or suggestion would be great.

Thanks.

Post #16006
Posted 2/3/2010 9:11:00 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 1/5/2012 10:41:55 AM
The showbox in the barn from when DH BIL were in 4-H is about 2'H X 4'L X 1 1/2'W. They kept brushes, halters, feed bowls, and water buckets, and extra boots in it. I'd say it's fairly hefty w/ everything in it - tho couldn't say for sure since I can't lift it.

I fully believe that what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. I believe in dirt and germs!
Post #16012
Posted 2/3/2010 9:12:10 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 1/5/2012 10:41:55 AM
P.S. they built it with their dad and grandpa, but I'm sure they made it up as they went along like just about everything they do around here, haha!

I fully believe that what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. I believe in dirt and germs!
Post #16013
Posted 2/3/2010 4:36:33 PM

Average Member

Average MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage MemberAverage Member

Last Login: 12/14/2013 11:34:55 AM
C my neice has wooden trunk sis bought that contains halters (for pigs it would be collars), leads, an animal first-aid kit, brushes, drying towels, animal soap, a pr of muck boots, hers also contains leg wraps, clippers, and a few other horse items that P2 wouldn't need.

I'll hunt around and see if I can find the tack trunk DIY plans I had and if I do I'll PM you.

Lord keep you arm around my shoulder & your hand over my mouth                                                              If God brings you to it, He will see you through it            'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Post #16027
Posted 2/4/2010 7:02:36 AM
Advanced Member

Advanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced MemberAdvanced Member

Last Login: 4/15/2014 2:35:47 PM
Thanks F.

Even though P2 will start next school year with this 4H projects, he will be old enough to open show any animals when he turns 9 in August (that's when school starts for us). So if he wants to show one animals in open show and another for 4H as long as it's not in the same catagory he can do both. Better to start to look for plans now than the last minute and be forced to go with something that won't work for us.

Thank you.

Post #16039
Posted 2/4/2010 1:27:49 PM
Starting Member

Starting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting MemberStarting Member

Last Login: 2/4/2010 1:24:11 PM
I have pondered and searched for these plans. I would love to have input from someone else as to how to design and build a tack box that straddles all different forms of livestock, etc. Right now, my sons & daughter are showing pygmy goats, and there isn't much to keep in a tack box, honestly. A place for feed, hay, their collar and a lead rope, extra safety pins & show clothes, etc. However, my daughter wants to get into the horse show arena, and I KNOW that means MUCH more.

Any thoughts?
Post #16066
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, HRSEGRL, HFfriend, Community Moderator, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 6:11am

Home | Link to Us | Hobby Farms Related Links | Classified Ads | Community | Contact Us | About Us | Advertise With Us

ShopAnimalNetwork.com | Dogs | Cats | Birds | Horses | Fishes | Reptiles | Small Animals | Remember Our Pets

Disclaimer: The posts and threads recorded in our messageboards do not reflect the opinions of nor are endorsed by BowTie, Inc., Animal Network nor any of its employees. We are not responsible for the content of these posts and threads. Site best viewed with IE 5+

Copyright © BowTie, Inc. All rights reserved.
Our Privacy Policy has changed. Policy/Your California Privacy Rights. Terms of Use. Guidelines for Participation.